Votre panier est actuellement vide.
- Avis client
Earthquaker Devices Afterneath V3
The Afterneath sounds a lot like it looks – a wizard bursting forth from ethereal cave and ready for the ambient battle. You are the wizard – or sorceress, if you prefer – and the cave is your instrument’s signal, vast, expansive, and magical. Do you go inside? Roll a D20 to proceed!
Once inside, a reflection of light from an unknown source catches your eye, and you notice a bizarre sheen on the walls of the cave. You timidly inch closer to the walls of the cave. Placing your hand gently on the cavern wall, you feel the rock move. The cave is alive! Alarmed, you emit a loud gasp, which reverberates throughout the subterranean landscape. Upon further listening, it appears as though the reverberations of your voice are in fact a swarm of short digital delays which may be used to create wild and cavernous reverbs, or scattered, short, rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics.
Take a moment to consider your Intelligence and Wisdom scores, as well as your spell inventory before proceeding further. You have seven spells at your disposal…
Will you cast “Length,” which controls the decay length of the reverb?
What about “Diffuse,” which adjusts the spread of the reverb? With your wand (or just the knob) turned counterclockwise, the reverb is sharper with more attack, resulting in a stuttering sputter of individual early reflections. Clockwise casts a washy, more ambient-sounding hex.
Overwhelmed by fear, you hastily cast “Dampen!” As you shout the incantation, you notice that a counterclockwise variation of this spell results in brighter tones, while as you rotate your wand clockwise; you hear darker tones with a mellower top-end. It’s almost as if your magic changes the hardness of the cavern walls, and thus the tonal characteristics of the reverb!
Elsewhere in your book of magic is “Drag,” which separates the individual digital delay lines, literally dragging them through the very fabric of time and space towards an unknown event horizon from which they may never return. Clockwise “Drag” positions will gather the delay lines close together for a more reverb-like effect. Turn the “Drag” counterclockwise, and the delay lines will begin to pull apart for a scattered ping-pong delay effect.
The Drag can be put under voltage or expression control using the “EXP” jack located on the side and operates in 9 different modes which are selected by the small “Mode” control. These modes are: Unquantized, Unquantized with slew, Unquantized volt/octave,
Chromatic scale, Major scale, Minor scale, Pentatonic scale, Octaves & fifths and Octaves. These modes drastically change the way the Drag control functions, especially while using an expression control or CV.
The “Reflect” alters the depth of the cave, and with it the regeneration of the reverb. This acts as a feedback control and will self-oscillate if cast by a high-level user. Turn clockwise for more wash and echoes, counterclockwise for less.
Finally, the “Mix” alters the alchemical balance between the input signal and the effect. The Afterneath does not go fully wet but does lower the level of the input signal as you raise this control to create the appearance of a fully wet reverb.
The Modes control changes the way the Drag control functions. The LED will change colors indicating which mode you are in.
1. Unquantized: Smooth, unquantized response over the operating range
2. Unquantized with Slew: Smooth, unquantized response over the entire operating range, but with a musical slew that is reminiscent of turning the varispeed knob on a vintage British tape delay. The “Drag” will lag behind the knob or cv changes, but then quickly catch up.
3. Unquantized Volt/Octave: Smooth and unquantized, yet scaled to align with the 1v/octave curve to allow melodic modulation of audio in the buffer, or control the frequency of self-oscillation like a voltage controlled oscillator.
4. Chromatic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the chromatic scale
5. Minor Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the minor scale
6. Major Scale (Lydian): Quantized 1v/octave to the major scale (Lydian)
7. Pentatonic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the pentatonic scale
8. Octaves & Fifths: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves and fifths
9. Octaves: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves
Dimensions: 4.75 x 2.50 x 2.25 in. (121 x 64 x 57 mm) with knobs
Current Draw: 100 mA
Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
Output Impedance: 500 Ω
This is an expression pedal control jack for the Drag. The Afterneath requires an expression pedal with a value of 50k, we recommend the Moog EP-3 or similar. While it will work with a standard 10k expression pedal, a 50k expression pedal will allow you to access the full range of each mode.
Tip is the wiper, Ring is 5v and Sleeve is ground.
You can also use CV with this jack. CV operates 0-5v.
This device features Flexi-Switch Technology! This electronic switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch, the effect will be bypassed.
The Afterneath uses electronic buffered bypass, it requires power to pass signal and the buffer is always active. You may experience a pop the first time the Afterneath is switched on after power up.
Tails / No Tails Switching
The Afterneath is factory set in “tails mode.” This means that the wet signal will naturally decay and slowly fade to silence after the effect is switched off.
To deactivate this feature:
Unplug the power cable from the power jack.
Hold down the footswitch and insert the power cable.
The LED will flash 3 times. You can now release the footswitch.
Follow the same steps to reactive tails mode.
This device takes a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!
Produit Garanti 2 ansThe Effect Factory vous garantit pendant 24 mois le remplacement sans frais du produit pour tout problème lié à sa conception et sa fabrication. Pour plus de détails, voir les conditions générales de vente.
Envois en France métropolitaine et en Belgique.
- Le transport standard (48H) est pris en charge par Colissimo. Celui-ci est gratuit pour toute commande d'un montant supérieur ou égal à 160 euros. Pour toutes les autres situations, le montant de la livraison est de 10 euros. Pour la Belgique, comptez un surcoût de 4€ TTC.
- Le transport rapide (24H) est pris en charge par UPS. UPS livre uniquement en main propre donc il est primordial d'être présent au moment de la livraison. La livraison rapide UPS est de 15 euros TTC indépendamment du montant de la commande. Pour la Belgique, comptez un surcoût de 4€ TTC.
Pour les envois à l'international veuillez-vous référer aux conditions générales de vente.