Your cart is currently empty.
- Customer reviews
Matthews Effects The Astronomer V2
In 2015 Matthews Effects launched the Astronomer. A Hall Shimmer reverb that broke the mold of what customers had come to expect from a guitar pedal and for the last 3 years they have worked to improve and act on the feedback of the community to bring you a new age of Matthews Effects which promises to continue to push the limits of your expectations.
Discover the heavens with the Astronomer V2!
Whats new in the V2
-100% Wet mix control
-External alt control
-100ma to power
-Tails or bypass mode!!
3 Reverb algorithms
* Canis Major - The Dog is an EchoVerb designed with droning and swells in mind. Glow controls your shimmer mix and use “Travel” to set the dog loose to run away or drone infinitely. Excels at pads and layering.
* Orion - The hunter is the classic hall reverb with shimmer. Tried and true the hunter excels as a hall reverb with “Glow” turned down all the way and dimed for a sound that feels straight from the heavens. Excels as your base reverb or ambient verb
* Ursa Major - The Bear is a chamber reverb with a pre octave mixed in with “Glow”. Turn “Glow” all the way down for a haunting dark reverb great for lead lines and your base reverb or slowly turn up glow to taste to add a particle sound and emulate twinkling stars. Excels as your base reverb or ambient verb
100% Wet mix control
The mix starts a great low point and as you turn right you dial out your dry signal while turning up the wet reverb signal until its 100% wet!
Analog dry signal path
Your dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in your digital wet signal for the best of both worlds.
One of the things that set the Astronomer apart from other reverbs is its set of alt controls. The Astronomer has 3 knobs on the “top” row which have been duplicated on the “Bottom” row giving you two different sounds you can jump between. You can set both rows to the same row and jump between two different sounds on the same reverb or set them as different reverbs using the toggle switches at the top of the pedal. This creates a simple and straight forward way to get a wide and dynamic sound from just one pedal.
100ma to power
We have cut the power requirement in half making it easier to find a place on your power supply!
Tails or bypass mode
Probably one of the most requested features for the Astronomer is the ability to let those beautiful haunting layers continue as you switch the pedal off preventing a hard cut to your sound as your playing. If you still want that hard cut sound simply hold both foot switches for 10 seconds until the bypass led flashes and now you are in the bypass mode which cut the reverb signal as soon as you turn it off.
Two-year warrantyThe Effect Factory applies a two-year replacement warranty for all manufacturer issues. For more details please visit our page terms and conditions.
Shipping in France and Belgium.
- The standard shipment (48h) is processed by Colissimo. For every order above 150 euros the shipping is free of charge. For every order under 150 euros, 10 euros will be charged for shipping fee. There is an upcharge of 4€ for shipping to Belgium.
- The fast shipment (24h) is processed by UPS. UPS only deliver in person, therefore someone must by present in order to receive the order. The fast shipment is charged 15 euros. There is an upcharge of 4€ for shipping to Belgium.
For international shipping please refer yourself to the terms and condition.