Your cart is currently empty.
- Customer reviews
Benson Amps Monarch Reverb
The Monarch Reverb features a unique British-American switch, simple yet highly versatile controls, and perfect range of power to be used both cleanly and pushed on the stage and studio without wearing out its welcome, and incorporates tube driven spring reverb in a completely transparent no-compromises fashion into the classic Monarch circuitry.
The circuit design is 100% original, or actually maybe just a combination of 30 different amps Chris likes plus a few ideas of his own. Either way, the resulting amplifier could be, and often is, the end of your search for perfect guitar tone.
The Monarch was designed to make you consider ditching your drive pedals (though it takes pedals like a winner). It was designed to have harmonics when clean, and clarity when it’s pushed. It is designed to transition from clean to compressed to distortion with a complete lack of harsh harmonics or weird resonances. The cabinet is open backed and pine to project sound in all directions like an acoustic guitar…a true tone wood that lends it’s own musicality to the guitar’s sound. The build and finish quality is second to none.
We get asked constantly “What is the Monarch based on?”. Translation: “Which 60s/70s amplifier did you clone and tweak when you developed your product?”. It’s a fair question…most builders do this, and that is fine. We did something new, so there isn’t a simple answer. However, we can tell you where the Monarch falls in terms of sound and feel compared to existing amplifiers.
The Monarch was designed to fulfill the needs of players who:
- Enjoy a Tweed Deluxe but find it could be lacking in punch and versatility
- Enjoy a Top Boost AC15 or 30 but find the upper frequencies a little quacky and grating
- Enjoy a Supro Thunderbolt but want more clarity and better harmonics
- Think some boutique amps they have tried are too bright and/or lacking a certain something…what is it called…tone that satisfies.
- 2 x JJ 6V6 power tubes, 2 x JJ 12AX7 preamp tubes, customizable tube rectifier
- 12-15 watts (depending on rectifier)
- Speaker outputs: 1 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 ohm
- Dimensions/weight: 23.5”W 17.5”H 10”D 39 lbs
- Point to point construction on terminal strips – no circuit, eyelet or turret board
- Mercury Magnetics transformers
- Carbon Comp resistors
- Jupiter capacitors
- DC filments for low noise
- Dovetailed pine speaker cabinets
- Baltic birch head cabinets
- 5AR4 16 watts with a little sag…a good compromise
- Celestion G12H Well-balanced…a great choice for most Monarchs
Two-year warrantyThe Effect Factory applies a two-year replacement warranty for all manufacturer issues. For more details please visit our page terms and conditions.
Shipping in France and Belgium.
- The standard shipment (48h) is processed by Colissimo. For every order above 150 euros the shipping is free of charge. For every order under 150 euros, 10 euros will be charged for shipping fee. There is an upcharge of 4€ for shipping to Belgium.
- The fast shipment (24h) is processed by UPS. UPS only deliver in person, therefore someone must by present in order to receive the order. The fast shipment is charged 15 euros. There is an upcharge of 4€ for shipping to Belgium.
For international shipping please refer yourself to the terms and condition.