Your cart is currently empty.
- Customer reviews
Catalinbread Coriolis Effect
The Coriolis effect is an illusion produced by a rotating frame of reference that causes a moving object’s trajectory to appear altered — in short, it twists your perceptions. Catalinbread’s Coriolis Effect pedal does the same thing to your guitar signal. Turn down the Velocity and Acceleration controls, and you’ll experience a dramatic tone shift as your pitch dives to unimaginable lows and your high frequencies fade away. Stomp on the Hold footswitch and you’ll freeze time, creating outrageous sustain or stuttering cacophony. The Coriolis Effect pedal includes an expression pedal input for real-time control over its parameters and switchable buffered- or true-bypass operation. Catalinbread describes the Coriolis Effect as a sustainer, wah, filter, pitch shifter, and harmonizer rolled into one. An apt description — it’s chock-full of sonic possibilities.
Note: The Coriolis Effect pedal uses standard 9–18-volt DC power supply (not included) — it won’t work with a 9-volt battery.
Enough controls to make you dizzy (and create cool sounds)
The Coriolis Effect pedal includes three main parameters. The Position knob controls your dry/wet mix. Velocity adjusts the pitch of your wet signal from no pitch shift all the way down to 0Hz. Acceleration is a 2-pole lowpass filter that ranges from an all-pass filter (everything gets through) to a no-pass filter (nothing gets through). You also get a Hold footswitch that stops any new sampling and loops the current sample — the guitarists at Sweetwater have used this footswitch to sustain chords for upward of two minutes and to create killer stuttering effects. There’s also an expression pedal input that allows you to take real-time control over the Acceleration or Velocity parameter.
Crack it open for even more tweakability
If you pop off the Catalinbread Coriolis Effect pedal’s back plate, you’ll find two switches and a trimpot. The first switch selects between true-bypass and buffered-bypass operation (it’s set to true bypass by default). The second switch changes the expression pedal polarity from normal to reverse. And the trimpot enables you to adjust the pedal’s gain level.
Catalinbread Coriolis Effect Pedal Features:
- Effects pedal that twists your auditory perceptions in unique ways
- Position knob controls your dry/wet mix
- Velocity knob adjusts the pitch of your wet signal from no pitch shift all the way down to 0Hz
- Acceleration knob is a 2-pole lowpass filter that ranges from an all-pass to no-pass
- Hold footswitch stops any new sampling and loops the current sample
- Expression pedal input enables real-time control over the Acceleration or Velocity parameter
- Switchable true- or buffered-bypass operation
- Switchable normal or reverse expression pedal polarity
- Trimpot to adjust gain level
- Handbuilt in Portland, Oregon
Two-year warrantyThe Effect Factory applies a two-year replacement warranty for all manufacturer issues. For more details please visit our page terms and conditions.
Shipping in France and Belgium.
- The standard shipment (48h) is processed by Colissimo. For every order above 150 euros the shipping is free of charge. For every order under 150 euros, 10 euros will be charged for shipping fee. There is an upcharge of 4€ for shipping to Belgium.
- The fast shipment (24h) is processed by UPS. UPS only deliver in person, therefore someone must by present in order to receive the order. The fast shipment is charged 15 euros. There is an upcharge of 4€ for shipping to Belgium.
For international shipping please refer yourself to the terms and condition.