Your cart is currently empty.
- Customer reviews
JHS Pedals Cheese Ball
The JHS Cheese Ball recalls a legendary 1990s-era distortion/fuzz pedal that was used by U2, Jimmy Page, Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine, and Wilco, amongst others. Versatile doesn’t even begin to describe this pedal. From violin-like sustain to red-hot buzz to spitty grind, it will achieve just about any fuzz tone you can imagine. Volume, Gain, and Tone knobs give you plenty of tone-sculpting power, while a 4-position control unlocks all of the Cheese Ball’s schizophrenic personalities. The Cheese Ball is a faithful and accurate re-creation of the original pedal’s circuit — it’s a tribute to one of the most fascinating fuzz pedals of all time. If you only have room for one distortion/fuzz pedal, this is the one to get.
4 modes yield an endless variety of tones
Besides your standard Volume, Gain, and Tone controls, the Cheese Ball also includes a 4-position mode selector knob. In the Off position, the pedal’s Tone knob is disengaged, for a bright, trashy fuzz. Position 1 serves up a mid-scooped, Muff-style sound. Position 2 conjures a cutting, mid-boosted sound. Position 3 delivers a spitty, gated fuzz sound — if this fuzz pedal is cheese, then position 3 is of the Swiss variety. The guitarists at Sweetwater appreciate the endless variety of tones that can be coaxed out of the Cheese Ball.
Re-creation of a cult favorite
The JHS Cheese Ball is a spot-on re-creation of a British fuzz circuit that was all the rage in the 1990s (hint: check out the B-side of Nirvana’s “Love Buzz” — you’ll love the tone). You can find sonic examples of this circuit everywhere — U2’s The Edge used one, as did Radiohead’s Colin Greenwood, Pavement’s Stephen Malkmus, My Bloody Valentine’s Kevin Shields, Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy, and Tool’s Justin Chancellor. And that’s just for starters. Buying one of the originals on the used vintage market could cost in excess of $800. That’s why JHS built the Cheese Ball — it’s a faithful re-creation of one of the most excellent fuzz pedals ever created.
JHS Cheese Ball Distortion/Fuzz Pedal Features:
- Fuzz/distortion stompbox based on a legendary 1990s-era pedal
- Volume, Gain, and Tone knobs give you plenty of tone-sculpting power
- 4-position mode selector unlocks a myriad of fuzz tones
- Off position creates a bright, trashy fuzz
- Position 1 serves up a mid-scooped, Muff-style sound
- Position 2 conjures a cutting, mid-boosted sound
- Position 3 delivers a spitty, gated fuzz sound
Two-year warrantyThe Effect Factory applies a two-year replacement warranty for all manufacturer issues. For more details please visit our page terms and conditions.
Shipping in France and Belgium.
- The standard shipment (48h) is processed by Colissimo. For every order above 150 euros the shipping is free of charge. For every order under 150 euros, 10 euros will be charged for shipping fee. There is an upcharge of 4€ for shipping to Belgium.
- The fast shipment (24h) is processed by UPS. UPS only deliver in person, therefore someone must by present in order to receive the order. The fast shipment is charged 15 euros. There is an upcharge of 4€ for shipping to Belgium.
For international shipping please refer yourself to the terms and condition.